Actual Distance: 12 Km
Grade: III, III+ (Moderate Level).
Season: Mid Sept till end of June.
Rafting from Shivpuri to NIM beach- Rishikesh is called 16km by every operator in Rishikesh but in actual it is not 16km. It is around 11-12km by River and takes around 1 and half to 2 hours to complete. It features roughly seven rapids, both minor and large. Roller Coaster (III+), Golf Course (III+), and Club House are some of the good rapids we run on this stretch (III). Although there are some large waves and hydraulics, these rapids are safe to raft. The travel to the starting place takes about 30 minutes to an hour, followed by another 30 minutes for preparation, raft inflation, and safety training. We board the rafts when the safety briefing is completed. It's a two-hour river adventure with plenty of splashes and powerful hits.
We complete our rafting excursion just before Laxman Jhula and then drive back to the Red Chilli Adventure office in 5 minutes.
Facts to know before you book your rafting trip:
- There is an age limit for rafting that is a minimum of 14 years and a maximum of 60 years.
- There is a weight limit of a minimum of 40kg and a maximum of 100kg. Weight needs to be in proportion with height. 6 feet tall 100kg is fine but 5 feet tall and 100km is not fine for rafting.
- People needs to be in good health with an active lifestyle. People with heart problems/ bypass surgery or epilepsy or with severe asthma are not allowed on a rafting trip as it can be risky for their life. People with normal asthma can carry their inhalers with them on a raft and just let your guide know about it.
- People need to wear appropriate clothing for rafting which is quick-drying clothes like shorts and T-shirt/ slacks pants or nylon tights. No sari or Skirts or burka please.
- There is a Traffic jam in Rishikesh on the weekends so in case you are coming from Delhi / Haridwar or Dehradun, you make sure to keep 2-3 hours extra in hand to reach our office at Tapovan- Luxman Jhula in time.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Office to Office/ to the starting and from finishing point back to office.
- All rafting gear including imported life jackets, Helmet, paddle and wet suites in winter time ( Dec til March)
- Safety Kayaker with all the trips
What is NOT included in the tour
- Rafting Video ( It costs INR 1500 per raft and 8 people sit in one raft)
- expenses of Personal Nature
- 7 Rapids
- Body Surfing
- Safety Kayaker