Actual Distance : 17 Km Grade: III, III+ (Moderate Level).
Rafting from Marine drive to NIM beach- Rishikesh is called 26km by every operator in Rishikesh but in actual it is not 26km. It is around 16-17km by River and takes around 2 and half to 3 hours to complete.There are nearly ten grade III and grade III+ rapids along this length of water, each of which is named after the type of rapid. The Three Blind Mice is a category III rapid named for the fact that the water appears practically placid until you reach three rapids that follow each other quite closely. Cross Fire (III), Roller Coaster (III+), Golf Course (III+), and Club House are the other rapids (III).
The excursion begins with a 45-minute to one-hour journey to the starting spot, where a proper safety briefing is given and the rafts and other equipment are prepared. The important thing to remember is that this is a rather straightforward stretch, even if an unexpected hydraulic or large wave may arise at any time, which our guides will handle with ease. The rafting down the river takes about 2-3 hours in total, though it can take up to 3-4 hours during the months of December and January. We complete our rafting excursion just before Luxman Jhula in Rishikesh, and then go back to the Red Chilli Adventure office by jeep which takes 5-10minute.
Facts to know before you go book your rafting trip:
- There is an age limit for rafting that is a minimum of 14 years and a maximum of 60 years.
- There is a weight limit of a minimum of 40kg and a maximum of 100kg. Weight needs to be in proportion with height. 6 feet tall 100kg is fine but 5 feet tall and 100km is not fine for rafting.
- People needs to be in good health with an active lifestyle. People with heart problems/ bypass surgery or epilepsy or with severe asthma are not allowed on a rafting trip as it can be risky for their life. People with normal asthma can carry their inhalers with them on a raft and just let your guide know about it.
- People need to wear appropriate clothing for rafting which is quick-drying clothes like shorts and a T-shirt/ slacks pants or nylon tights. No sari or Skirts or burka, please.
- There is a Traffic jam in Rishikesh on the weekends so in case you are coming from Delhi / Haridwar or Dehradun, you make sure to keep 2-3 hours extra in hand to reach Tour office at Tapovan- Luxman Jhula in time.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Office to Office/ to the starting and from finishing point back to office.
- All rafting gear including imported life jackets, helmet, paddle and wet suites in winter time ( Dec till March).
- Safety kayaker with all the trips
- A drink of coke and munchies/Chips offered at the middle or end of the trip.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Rafting Video ( It costs INR 1500 per raft and 8 people sit in one raft)
- expenses of Personal Nature
- 10 Rapids
- Body Surfing
- Safety Kayaker
- Snacks and Soft Drinks