Category: Easy Adventure.
This is an easy four day trek to Chandrashila which can be a great experience for amateurs. Chandrashila top is the only place from where one can get a perfect 360 degree view of the Himalayas. It begins from a small village on the road head known as Sari and the following trail takes us to a beautiful lake- Deori Tal, which gives perfect sightings for mountains of Choukhamba and Kedarnath- one of the prime pilgrim spots of Hindus. It's a small trek, full of easy, relaxed walks in which you don’t have to put much vigor. If you are looking for a relaxed trekking tour from Rishikesh in Uttarakhand then this is the perfect trek itinerary for you.
- 50% advance payment confirms your booking.
- We will transport all your belongings for you so that you only have to carry your day pack with camera, water bottle and jacket.
- We serve three meals a day including snacks and drinks. We provide a variety of tasty healthy food including Indian, Chinese and Western meals with lots of vegetables and fruit.
What is included in the tour
- Road transportation from Rishikesh to Rishikesh by car.
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis during trekking.
- All meals (Day 1 Lunch to Day 3 Lunch)
- Permits and entrance fees.
- Good English speaking guide
What is NOT included in the tour
- Accommodation in Rishikesh.
- Personal Insurance.
- All alcoholic beverages and personal expenses.
- Good down sleeping bags can be provided at an additional cost of Rs.100 per day.
- Sari Village
- Deoria (Tal) Lake
- Temple of Tungnath
- Interaction with locals and insight into their lifestyle
- Highest point 4000 m
Drive Rishikesh to Chopta (6-7 hrs) and overnight at Chopta (2500m):
Morning after breakfast drive to Chopta which takes about 6-7 hours. The drive is spectacular and along the Ganga, Alaknanda and Mandakini rivers.Enroute stop at Deoprayag, the historical town situated on the confluence of river Alaknanda & Bhagirathi River which makes the holy Ganges. Reach Chopta and check in a camp. Meals and Overnight stay at camp.
Trek Chopta to Chandrashilla (4000m) to Chopta Trek: 6-7hrs.:
Wake up very early morning to reach the summit on time to see the panoramic view of the high Himalayan peaks. The trek is mostly gradual ascent through the dwarf rhododendron bushes. You can watch most of the prominent peaks of the Garhwal Himalayas from Chandrashilla Top. Nanda Devi (7817Mtrs-the second highest peak of Indian Himalayas), Kedarnath, Trishul, Banderpoonch etc are the prominent peaks visible from here. Explore the area and trace our steps back to the camp at Chopta.
Drive to Rishikesh via Deoriatal Lake: 6-7hrs.:
Drive to Sari village and from here trek to the most beautiful Himalayan Lake Deoriatal. The trek is steep through the forest and provides good view of the surrounding villages. After taking few picture we returned back to road head and then drive to Rishikesh. Trip finishes at arrival in Rishikesh.
Haridwar to Red Chilli Adventure Office >
Drive for 30 km from Haridwar to reach Rishikesh. Drive another 3 km from Rishikesh towards Tapovan to reach our ofice on the Luxman Jhula Road.