Category: Demanding Adventure
This beautiful climb offers you a unique opportunity to reach a 6400m peak with basic technical skills. The top offers spectacular views of Zanskar and the great Karakoram range as well as the Changtang plateau stretching far into Tibet.
- 50% advance payment confirms your booking.
- We will transport all your belongings for you so that you only have to carry your day pack with camera, water bottle and jacket.
- We serve three meals a day including snacks and drinks. We provide a variety of tasty healthy food including Indian, Chinese and Western meals with lots of vegetables and fruit.
What is included in the tour
- Road transportation from Leh to Leh by car.
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis during trekking.
- All meals (Day 1 Lunch to Day 07 Lunch)
- All camping gear including tents and sleeping mattress. Kitchen, Dining and toilet tent
- All climbing Equipement
- Permits and Entrance fees.
- Good English speaking guide, cooks and porters, mules.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Accommodation and Meals in Leh.
- Personal Insurance.
- All alcoholic beverages and personal expenses.
- Good down sleeping bags can be provided at an additional cost of Rs.200 per day.
- Trekking Peak
- Glacier Walk
- Mountaineering Experience
- Interaction with locals and insight into their lifestyle
- highest point 6200m
Leh - Shang Sumdo (3 hours):
We will leave Leh by jeep to the starting point of the trek at Hemis (3600 m). Hemis is the largest and most famous Drukpa monastery in Ladakh, where the renowned Naro Gentuk festival is held every 12 years. After the gompa tour, we will start our trek into the Hemis National Park, which is home to endangered high-altitude animals such as snow leopard, Tibetan wolf, Tibetan sheep and Golden eagle. At Martselang we will meet the crew and start our trek towards the tiny village of Shang Sumdo(3700m) and our campsite for tonight.
Shang Sumdo - Lartsa (6-7 hrs):
We will begin the day climbing through the spectacular gorge of Shang, rife with magnificently hued rock formations and colors. The trail crosses the river several times before it reaches the campsite via the small village of Chogdo (4000 m).
Lartsa – Base camp via Kongmaru La 5200 m:
A steep 3-hour climb will lead us to Kongmaru La (5200 m), with good views of Zanskar, the Karakoram Ranges and the north face of Kangyatse (6400 m). From here we will make our descent toward the pasture of Nimaling, where the villagers of Marka Valley tend their sheep, goats and yaks during the summer. From Nimaling, it is a steady climb up to Base Camp (5300 m).
We can rest today while our guides will check the route conditions, and fix ropes up the slopes. The choice of route will be done depending on the snow conditions on the mountain.
High camp – Summit (6400m) – Base camp (13-15 hrs) :
We will start our final push for the summit at around 2 am. The climb to the peak will take between 9-10 hrs., but this depends on the conditions. The view from the top is spectacular including the Zanskar and mighty Karakoram ranges! After spending an hour on the top, we will descend to Base Camp (5300 m) and a well deserved rest.
Base Camp - Chhukirmo – Martselang – Leh (6 hrs to Chhukirmo and 4 hrs to Martselang):
We will spend these last two days retracing our footsteps, taking our time down towards Martselang. Now is the time for us to enjoy the rare wildlife, unique scenery, and each other's company. In Martselang a jeep will wait to bring us back to Leh.