Category: Easy Adventure
Here is a trek which is not only easy to do but also offers an amalgamation of everything a Himalyan trek has to offer. Surya Top, situated at a height of 4000m offers great view of the upper Himalayan peaks such as Bandarpoonch (6350m), Dropdi Ka Danda (6420m), Srikanth. The trek also offers an opportunity to experience firsthand the life style of the people of the village of Barsu and Agoda. You also get to walk through lush Deodar (Cedar), Oak and Rhododendron forests as well as a high Himalayan meadow- Dyara before finally reaching the summit of Surya Top. If you have a knowledge and fondness for birds and/or wild flowers then this trip with its rich variety of Monal pheasant, eagles, butterflies etc is an idle trip for you.
- 50% advance payment confirms your booking.
- We will transport all your belongings for you so that you only have to carry your day pack with camera, water bottle and jacket.
- We serve three meals a day including snacks and drinks. We provide a variety of tasty healthy food including Indian, Chinese and Western meals with lots of vegetables and fruit.
What is included in the tour
- Road transportation from Rishikesh to Rishikesh by car.
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis during trekking.
- All meals (Day 1 Lunch to Day 6 Lunch)
- All camping gear including tents and sleeping mattress. Kitchen, Dining and toilet tent
- Permits and Entrance fees.
- Good English speaking guide, cooks and porters, mules.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Accommodation in Rishikesh.
- Personal Insurance.
- All alcoholic beverages and personal expenses.
- Good down sleeping bags can be provided at an additional cost of Rs.100 per day.
- Barsu Village
- Vast Dayra Meadow
- Thick Forest
- Ridge walk with great views of Banderpunchh
- highest point 4000m
Day 01 :
RISHIKESH TO BARSU (2250M):
As for most Garhwal treks, our starting point is at Rishikesh from where a drive (via Uttarkashi) of 6-7 hours brings us to village Basru (2250m). Here we pitch our tents at Bugyal Sarai for lunch. The afternoon is yours to explore the nearby village and understand and observe the culture of these self sufficient villagers. Overnight at camp.
Day 02 :
BARSU TO DAYRA BUGYAL (3150M):
Packing for a trek can take quite a bit of time so we start our day early, finish breakfast and get ready to trek up! The schedule is as such that today we trek from Bugyal Sarai to Dayara Bugyal(3150 m) which is a walk of about six hours with a good view of the Himalayas all around. Thrilled but tired enough to hit the sacks immediately we camp overnight at Dayara.
Day 03 :
DAYRA BUGYAL TO SYARI BUGYAL (3400M):
This is an interesting day of trekking. The entire 5 hours from Darya Bugyal to Syari Bugyal is spent walking on the ridge of the mountain. It is a thrilling experience to actually walk with hundreds of meters of cliff below you! However, our guides are prepared to take care of you lest any danger prevails and you have not a thing to worry about. Exhilarated with the slight adventure, we camp below Syari Bugyal for the night.
Day 04 :
SYARI BUGYAL TO SURYA TOP (3900M) & TO UCHLARU TOP (4000M):
After breakfast, we start our day and trek to Surya top and further to Uchlaru Top which offer 360 degree view of Himalaya including Bandarpoonch (6350 mtrs), Draupadi Ka Danda (6420 mtrs), Jaonli (6600 mtrs), Srikanth, Gangotri I,II,III and many other peaks. It is best day of our walk on the entire trek. From Surya top, we walk back on the ridge to our camp at Syari Bugyal. Overnight in tents.
Day 05 :
SYARI BUGYAL TO BARSU:
The walk back to barsu through new route which is through a nice oak, Cedar and rhododendron forest and finally get to Barsu village. It is all pretty much downhill down to the village. We can have nice hot water bucket bath once we reach our permanent camp Bugyal Serain and stay overnight at Barsu. Dinner and Overnight stay in tents.
Day 06 :
DRIVE BARSU TO RISHIKESH:
After Breakfast, We board our awaiting vehicle to drive us back to Rishikesh. Lunch on the way and Trip finishes at the arrival in Rishikesh.
From Delhi to Red Chilli Adventure Office in Rishikesh >
Follow Karnal Rd and GT Road to NH9 in Block B, Ghaziabad
Drive from NH34, NH 58, NH334 and NH34 to Tapovan, Rishikesh
Turn right at Travel Partner > Red Chilli Adventure will be on the left