Category: Easy Adventure
This is an easy four day trek to Chandershilla which can be a great experience for amateurs. Chandershila top is the only place from where one can get a perfect 360 degree view of the Himalayas. It begins from a small village on the road head known as Sari and the following trail takes us to a beautiful lake- DeoriTal, which gives perfect sightings for mountains of Choukhamba and Kedarnath- one of the prime pilgrim spots of Hindus. It's a small trek, full of easy, relaxed walks in which you don’t have to put much vigor into is what you’re looking for then this is the perfect trek itinerary for you.
- 50% advance payment confirms your booking.
- We will transport all your belongings for you so that you only have to carry your day pack with camera, water bottle and jacket.
- We serve three meals a day including snacks and drinks. We provide a variety of tasty healthy food including Indian, Chinese and Western meals with lots of vegetables and fruit.
What is included in the tour
- Road transportation from Rishikesh to Rishikesh by car.
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis during trekking.
- All meals (Day 1 Lunch to Day 4)
- All camping gear including tents and sleeping mattress. Kitchen, Dining and toilet tent
- Permits and Entrance fees.
- Good English speaking guide, cooks and porters, mules.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Accommodation in Rishikesh.
- Personal Insurance.
- All alcoholic beverages and personal expenses.
- Good down sleeping bags can be provided at an additional cost of Rs.100 per day.
- Sari Village
- Devria Tal Lake
- Temple of Tungnath
- Interaction with locals and insight into their lifestyle
- Highest point 4000m
Day 01 :
DRIVE RISHIKESH TO SARI (8hrs) & TREK TO DEVRIATAL (2300m/ 1hrs):
Morning 8:30 report in our office and meet our trekking team, and then drive to Sari which takes about 8 hours. The drive is spectacular and along the Ganga, Alaknanda and Mandakini rivers. En route visit at Devprayag. The historical town is situated on the confluence of river Alaknanda & Bhagirathi River which makes the holy Ganges. Reach Sari village and from here trek to the most beautiful Himalayan Lake Deoriatal. Arrive and camp near the lake. The rest of the day is to explore the area around this beautiful lake. After Dinner overnight stay in Tent at Deoriatal.
Day 02 :
TREK DEVRIATAL LAKE TO CHOPTA (2800m/14km/5-6hrs):
In the morning, wake up with an excellent sunrise view on the snow covered Himalayan Peaks. After breakfast, the trek starts to Chopta. It?s a gradual trek and the views are worth the effort. We pass through the dense forest and beautiful alpine meadows dotted with flowers. Arrive Chopta and camp at outskirts. Hot meals will be served shortly with overnight stay in tent.
Day 03 :
TREK CHOPTA TO CHANDERSHILA (4000m) AND BACK TO CHOPTA (7Km/6hrs):
Wake up very early morning to reach the summit on time to see the panoramic view of the high Himalayan peaks. The trek is mostly a gradual ascent through the dwarf rhododendron bushes. You can watch most of the prominent peaks of the Garhwal Himalayas from Chandrashilla Top. Nanda Devi (7817Mtrs-the second highest peak of Indian Himalayas), Kedarnath, Trishul, Bandarpoonch etc are the prominent peaks visible from here. Explore the area and trek back to the camp at Chopta. Dinner and overnight stay in camp.
Day 04 :
DRIVE CHOPTA TO RISHIKESH (8-9hrs):
Morning after breakfast, we board our vehicle and drive back to Rishikesh. Tour ends upon arrival in Rishikesh.